~ Tigger's Pics ~
I've had a little update to my car in as much as a few things have changed. Well a lot really. See below for the full spec.
The first 14 pics are the start, the last few are as it is now.
Click images to enlarge
Brief Details about the car
This is a 1992 Westfield SE - built by someone else who used it for drag racing. Believe me when I say that it is far easier to build than Re-build as you have to fix the previous owners mistakes (if there are any) which in this case were
I have listed my rebuild on another page (See my build). It has been rewired by hand in as much as Wire by wire rather than buying a built loom. It took perishing ages but it's very satisfying to see it working (First time too).
I was going to spray the car but after doing the front wings and nosecone, I lost heart as it started to chip so as you can see in the later pics, it has been re-bodied, I'm so pleased with it now.
Before I re-bodied it, I fitted a 16 valve Vauxhall XE engine. This was a must as a few months ago, our club went for a rather fast blat and I got left behind somewhat, so an upgrade was top of the list. I've listed as many parts and tips in the XE Build pages, I hope you find this useful.
- 2.0 16 valve XE from a Calibra
- Twin 45 Dellortos with 36mm chokes
- Vauxhall 8v Distributor and coil
- ARP Rod bolts
- Special alloy sump
- Early Vauxhall flywheel (Lighter than later ones)
- Omex Rev limiter fitted as I was afraid of over-revving the engine, it revs so easily.
- 163 bhp
@ wheels, not sure what this equates to but the guy at the rolling road said
you lose about 25% so that would make it around the 203bhp at the flywheel?
- SBD 4-2-1 steel exhaust manifold
- Wunoff 6" silencer
- Standard Spax adjustable dampers all round
- Cortina uprights
- Escort Live axle with 4.1 ratio
- Ford Type 9 with standard ratios
- Modified gear-lever
- VW polo aluminium / plastic radiator
- Pacet fan 12" fan
- Rover expansion tank with minimum hosing
- Home made dash fitted with yellow ETB intruments
- Fitting an Omex rev limiter as I don't want to wreck the engine - Done!
- Finishing off the spray job - Canned, rebodied instead
- Fit an engine management system some time
- Possibly fit a close ratio gearbox